Area of Specialization: Entomology
- Taxonomy of Pentatomidae and other heteropteran families (Hemiptera)
- Taxonomy of egg parasites Trichogramma and Trichogrammatoidea (Hymenoptera)
- Biological control (egg parasitoids of insect pests)
- Insect Pollination (Hemiptera)
- Ecology, biology of Grasshoppers and Locusts (Insecta: Orthoptera)
New taxa described:
- Altogether 22 new species were added new to science belonging to Order Hemiptera and Order Hymenoptera.
Pollination Ecology of Moths
- Lygaeid bug, Spilostethushospes and Graptostethusverticalis were collected from little ironweeds flower, Ageratum conyzoides Linnaeus (family Asteraceae) were identified as potential pollinator.
- Raghunathan, C., Hassan, M. E., Mondal, T., Banerjee, D. 2023. Faunal Diversity of Puducherry: 1-394 (Published by the Zool. Serve. India, Kolkata).
- Hassan, M. E., Raghunathan, C., Banerjee, D. Faunal Diversity of Gorumara national Park and Chapramari Wildlife Sanctuary (in press).
- Assassin bugs (Reduviidae: Heteroptera) from Chhattisgarh, India. Paramita Mukherjee, Kailash Chandra, M.E. Hassan, B. Biswas and Sandeep Khushwaha. 2016. Assassin bugs (Reduviidae: Heteroptera) from Chhattisgarh, India, Rec. zool. Surv.India, Occ. Paper No. 379: 1-47.
- Catalogue of Reduviidae of India. Mukherjee, Paramita, Chandra, Kailash and Hassan, M.E. 2019. Catalogue of Reduviidae of India. Rec. zool. Surv. India, Occ. Paper No., 401. (Published by the Director, Zool. Surv. India, Kolkata)
- Mukherjee, P., Ambrose, D.P., Hassan, M.E. and Biswas, B. 2015. A new species of StenolemusSignoret (Hemiptera: Heteroptera: Reduviidae: Emesinae) from India, Zootaxa, 3904 (1): 116-122.
- Paramita Mukherjee, M. E. Hassan and B. Biswas. 2016. A new species of PhysomerusBurmeister (Hemiptera: Heteroptera: Coreidae: Coreinae), with a key to species in India, Zootaxa, 4208 (3): 282-292.